Thursday, January 23, 2014

NAPOLEON BLUE Baskets

I’ve had a lot of different collections over the years. There have been wooden spools, Red Wing crocks, McCoy pottery, and vintage picnic baskets to name a few. I doubt I’ll ever get rid of the wooden spools or crocks. I’ve slowly down sized the pottery collection and sold off the picnic baskets. Well, all but one.

This one. 


 I saw it sitting all alone in the garage last night and
decided to slap some chalk paint on it...Napoleon Blue to be exact.


I wasn't sure how easy it would be to wax over a weave 
but I worked in thin layers and it was fine.

Here's the final product.


Cute, huh?


  It's a gorgeous shade of blue.  
Makes me anxious for Easter!


I was curious to see what Napoleon Blue look like with a dark wax.
I decided to experiment on a basket that's quite sentimental to me.

This one.


My sister actually MADE IT for me.
IKR! Who does that???


Very talented, stay at home, Army wives I guess!!!

Here's how the Napoleon Blue turned out with dark wax.


Instead of a blueberry shade it's more of a smokey blue hue.
xoxo


I love them both!
 It's definitely a blue crush day.


The picnic basket is on sale for $20. Obviously I'm keeping the one De made for me;) Be sure to let me know if you have any old baskets you'd like me to pep up with a little chalk paint and wax. I'd love to help you!


~Wendy 



 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input!
~Wendy