Friday, January 31, 2014

Cast Iron Piano Stool

Have you ever heard of the term Addiction Transfer? Basically it's when a person gives up one addictive tendency for another equally addictive habit. A few years ago I couldn't drive past an antique store without wincing. I could spend hours just walking the aisles looking at everything. Now it seems I can’t go 24 hours without looking online at Pinterest, garage sale sites, or my favorite decorating blogs. I can’t help it. I just love to look at “stuff”.

This week I decided to makeover one of the cast iron piano stools I bought during my hardcore antiquing days. The stool served as a small side table for several years, eventually retiring to the storage closet.


To start the process I stripped off the old stain and varnish


and sanded the seat down to bare wood.


Then I refinished the top with Dark Walnut stain and
gave the cast iron base a silver leaf treatment.

Here's the finished product...


What'cha think?


I love it.
It looks so fresh and clean.


Here's a close up of the cast iron base.
Silver rubbed over the black finish creates a look of pewter...


and is a beautiful contrast to the Dark Walnut stain.


The wood seat swivels and extends up to 22.5 inches in height.


Oops...photo bomb by Blanche!


The stool would work great as a side table,


a plant stand,


or just a piece of artwork in your home.


Let me know if you are in the market for piano stool! I'm selling this one for $145.

~Wendy 







1 comment:

  1. That's beautiful Wendy! You've an amazing talent!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your input!
~Wendy