Friday, November 7, 2014

Office Makeover Part II

Welcome to Part II of a 13CCF office makeover! It's been a busy week trying to get everything crossed off my lengthy To Do list. Daylight Saving is fine, but what I really need is more HOURS in the day. LOL!
  1. repaint chalkboard
  2. scan, crop, and frame artwork
  3. sew pillows
  4. paint nesting tables
  5. make light fixture
  6. strip, sand, stain, and urethane footstool
  7. make side table from tree stump
  8. make wooden arrows
  9. take pictures
  10. post blog 
As you can see, the first thing I accomplished on my To Do list 
this week was to fix the chalkboard.
I repainted the masonite board with the same chalkboard paint
and then covered it with the frame's original glass front.
It looks awesome, will work with any dry erase or chalkboard marker,
 and should be a much cleaner than a typical chalkboard. 

SCORE!

 

Second on my To Do list was to finish scanning and framing all of the kids' artwork.
 We're still waiting for one frame on back order 
but other than that I think the collage wall is reading to go.
Check out these master pieces!


***


***


***


I had one special sketch left to frame
and couldn't find anything I liked in the stores or online.
I went 'shopping' in my storage room and found a square checker board frame.


Within seconds I was able to transform it with a little silver Rub'n Buff.
I love how it turned out!
Don't you?


With the collage wall complete I turned my attention to the seating area. 
Last summer Erica had a family friend paint and 
reupholster a pair of captain's chairs in coordinating fabrics. 
She really loved the pop of color they added to the space and
asked to incorporate them into the design of the room...at least for now.
(Rumor has it Santa may be bringing a new tufted reading chair!?!
If St. Nick drops the ball there's always Cupid or the Easter Bunny. Right?) 


I decided to unify the chairs with some throw pillows.
I found some gray fabric and rope trim at Hobby Lobby that would do the trick.  


Keep in mind I'm NOT a seamstress


but I can sew an envelope pillow!


Granted there were few choice words involved
before I finally got the cording attached


but I think it was all worth it.


The pillows look GREAT with Erica's chairs.


I've come to realize sewing is a lot like labor.
You forget the pain and agony once you have your treasure.
LOL!

 
The next project on my To Do list involved a set of vintage nesting tables
I discovered in Erica's storage room.
They used to belong to her grandmother. 


How cool is that?


I gave them a base coat of gold spray paint, 
then added a contrasting antique gold to highlight the detailing.

 

What'cha think?


IKR!


DOUBLE SCORE!!


Love...Love...Love these tables!
I hope the family can enjoy them for years to come.


The last project I checked off my To Do list this week 
was to make a set of wooden arrows.
(Yeah, I saved the best for last!!!)


 To complete this project I had to buy a 10 foot and an 8 foot plank of wood.


 I set the miter saw to cut a 45 degree angle


 and cut a 12 inch piece of wood.


 I was too lazy to use a tape measure every time 
so I just used the previous block of wood to measure my next cut.


As you can see it took 4 feet of wood to create one arrow.


 Next I stained the boards with Dark Walnut
 and used mending plates to connect them.

Here's the final product:

 ***


***

  I absolutely LOVE them.
It's amazing how something so simple can make such a big statement.

TRIPLE SCORE!!!


As always thanks for reading 13CCF. Stop back next week to see the desk makeover. You won't be disappointed. It's quite the transformation!!!

~Wendy







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input!
~Wendy