Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Office Makeover Part I

For the last couple of weeks I've been trying to help my latest client makeover a family office. Erica's project started with one oak desk but it quickly turned into a complete floor to ceiling job. Lol! An entire room transformation doesn't happen over night or without a cost, so we've really tried to incorporate a lot of her belongs. In today's post I'm going to give you a sneak peak of a few of the pieces I've created or tried to reinvent for Erica's space in this makeover process.

Their office is a fairly good size space off the dining room. Other than Paris Grey desk I'm redoing... the main focal point of the room is going to be a wall collage. Fun, right? My client's husband happens to be an avid hunter. Luckily, we found a rack of antlers in their attic and plan to make a collage around them. (Note:  It's always good to get your spouse on board when it comes to redecorating. #bribery/brownnosing.)

Every modern day office space needs a chalk board so that's where I started.


Erica already had a square frame that was the perfect size for the project.


I used a gold Rub'n Buff to give the frame a completely new look. 


 Then I spray painted the insert with Valspar Chalk Board Paint and seasoned it 
(as they say).


I gotta tell ya, I'm not thrilled with this brand of chalk board paint. 


Well, I was... until I drew a wreath on it with a Chalk Board Marker and it would NOT come off. UGH! What a crock! 
I've never had that happen before. 
Back to the starting board
(no pun intended).


The next piece I made for the Erica's office was a burlap cork board.


 For this project I bought a standard cork board at Walmart, 
wrapped it in burlap fabric...


and gave it a custom finish with nail head trim.


Every modern office needs a cork board!

 

I absolutely love the look of the nail head trim. Don't you?


One of my favorite elements of the collage wall will be the custom art work. 
Erica is a mother of five beautiful children who will use this office on a daily basis. 
The space has to be kid friendly. 


We're in the process of scanning and framing 
artwork from each of her children for the collage wall. 

 

 Of course the wall will also have those extra little touches


that will make the space unique...


and bring it all together.


 I'm just so excited for Erica!
I know it's going to be awesome.


She deserves a space that is a reflection of her family's style, 
their interests, and unique personalities.


Now on a side note,
I have to tell ya this photo shoot almost cost me my LIFE tonight.
(At a minimum it damaged my vocal cords.) 


You guys know I always take my blog pictures outside, right?
Yeah...it's a lighting thing.
Anyways, there I was
 pounding nails into the old barn wall
and I look down to see a blessed mouse at my feet!
#!*#$#
 

If you know anything about Wendy Sudbeck,
 you know that I am deathly scared of mice.
 I tell ya I screamed loud enough to be heard in the next county. 
Ugh!
I hate, hate, hate mice.


As Kelli Grube would say, 
"I was pick'n em up and put'n em down, folks!" 
 Needless to say,
I'll be self medicating tonight.  
LOL!

As always thanks for reading 13CCF. Stop back next week to see Part II of Erica's office reveal.

~Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input!
~Wendy