Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Mid-century Console Makeover in Graphite

First of all I want to thank you for all of the prayers offered for our great-nephew William. He is doing great! Praise God!

This week I'm going to show you another GGM (great Graphite makeover). My latest client, Jenny,  will soon be moving into her new home. With that excitement comes the daunting task of furnishing an entire home. My client found a pair of sturdy dressers at a second hand store. (Sorry, I was running short on time so only photographed one.) She may have been drawn to them for their mid-century design, but I'm guessing she purchased them because of what she saw on the inside. The drawer are solid, sturdy, and slide like butter.

Here's a BEFORE picture of one of the dressers.


Here's a picture of the final product refinished in Annie Sloan's Graphite Chalk Paint. 


*****


*****


*****


Well? What'cha think?


I think it's lovely!


Without the mirror this dresser could EASILY function as buffet or media console.
 It actually reminds me of a piece of furniture from West Elm.


Annie Sloan does NOT have a true black in her chalk paint pallet...


so I coated the Graphite with dark wax to give at least the illusion of 'black'.


It gave the piece a unique, layered finish
that I could never have achieved with latex paint. 


I love ASCP!
It's truly amazing.


Once again, thanks for reading 13CCF and for the continued prayers for little William. They are very much appreciated!

~Wendy




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input!
~Wendy