Sunday, October 13, 2013

End Table Refinished in Aubusson Blue - $75

I found this end table on an online garage sale site. It had a "mini-me" appearance of a pedestal table and was made of solid oak so I couldn't pass it up. (I can't forget to give a shout out to my cousin, Mel, for picking it up and delivering it to me;)

Here's a BEFORE pic...


I stripped the top and painted the bottom but I wasn't satisfied so it sat in my garage for a couple months until I opened a can of Annie Sloan's Aubusson Blue. This chalk paint is a sultry blue with a green undertone. I wanted a hint of red to show through so I added a touch of Emperor's Silk to achieve a layered look.

Here's the AFTER...



 What do ya think?


The red accents really compliment the blue-green hue of the Aubusson Blue. 


The table is approximately 23.5" H x 24" W.


Obviously this piece is meant to be a bedroom side table or a living room end table.
But what else? Maybe a plant stand? ...what else?


I know...


Raise you hand if you have a miniature Christmas tree collecting dust in somewhere in your house? This table would be just the right size and dimension to give it some height. 


If the end table doesn't sell before the holidays...that's exactly what I am going to do.
We've never put a Christmas tree up at the cabin.
 

My husband would notice a full sized Xmas tree (...I think)
but I could probably get away with something like this.


Seriously. He's not that observant. Plus my children 
have been "trained" not to point out new purchases to their father.


 As a matter of fact, when we got our basset hound my dear friend, Nikki, said, 
"How are you going to convince your husband Blanche has been in your house forever?"


LOL...

Well, I hope you all have a great week! I'll let you know on Tuesday who won the burlap box;)

~Wendy




1 comment:

Thanks for your input!
~Wendy