Sunday, October 27, 2013

Fall Decor

Fall is one of my favorite times of the year in Nebraska. With autumn comes cooler temperatures, changing colors, denim and fleece, bountiful harvests, Husker football, and the anticipation of the holiday season. This week I'll show you a few of the things I've done to warm up our home this fall.

I found this idea on Pinterest. I just drew a wreath on my chalk board...
how easy is that???


 These grapevine spheres and moss balls came from WalMart.
They're such simple objects of nature but when group together


they add a pop of color and texture to my kitchen.


Not into moss? What about mercury glass?



 These faux mercury glass pumpkins came from Hobby Lobby.
They practically jumped into my cart. How could I say no?

 

Obviously, two pumpkins just weren't going to cut it
so I bought a few more inexpensive ones at Wally World.


Now, don't get me wrong...I love, love, love fall colors,
but I wanted the pumpkins to blend in with my existing decor.


To do that I gave them a custom look using
Old White Chalk Paint and Gold Leaf Rub'n Buff.
What do you think?


I always hang a wreath on our armoire during the holidays.


This year I picked up a pair of boxwood wreaths from the Threshold collection at Target.


I love the versatility of boxwood wreaths.
They'll work for ALL seasons...not just the holidays.


Finally, I came across a pair of $5 deer antlers on an online garage sale site.


I painted the tips of the antlers with gold and silver Rub'n Buff.


I like them...but I'm not sure if they're 'done' yet.
I think I might experiment with some rope or twine to see
if I can tweak them just a little bit more....or not???


As always thanks for reading everyone! I hope you've found a little inspiration here today. Have a great week;)

~Wendy





































No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input!
~Wendy