Sunday, October 6, 2013

Ladder Shelf Refinished in 'DUCK EGG' Chalk Paint and Waxes - $45


I found this treasure at a local garage sale. It resembles the Benchwright Ladder Shelf Floor Storage unit Pottery Barn sells for $299.


I opted to refinish it with 'Duck Egg' Chalk Paint and Wax. Annie Sloan stockists tell me Duck Egg is one of their best sellers. It's understandable...the soft blue-green color creates instant 'vintage' appeal when waxed.


The shelf is 53 1/4" H x 17 3/4" W x 16" D. It's light weight but very sturdy. I think it could be a pretty versatile piece for someone. You could use it in the kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, laundry room, sunroom, nursery, craftroom, etc. I had fun putting together a few display ideas for you;)

Here's how I might use it in a bathroom...









 

or in a kitchen...








  or in a sunroom...











or in a work space.


See what I mean? Ladder shelves are great for a functional everyday use or simply to fill that empty nook in you house.  

Hey, while a I have your attention I want to ask a favor. I added/revamped a comment box this week and I need YOU to test it out for me! If you leave a comment on any of my posts I will enter your name into a drawing for a burlap storage box. One entry/comment per household please;)


The comment boxes will not show up on the HOME page directly.  First you must select the post's title and then scroll to the bottom of the page. 


If you don't have a Google account, you can select "Anonymous" and then just leave your name in the comment box. 


After you select "Publish" you will be prompted to type in an automated verification code similar to this:


The experiment (aka...contest) will run for one week only, Sunday, Oct.6 through Sunday, Oct. 13th. I'll announce the winner on Tuesday, October 15th. Sound good? Thanks guys!!! Have a great week...

~Wendy






5 comments:

  1. Awesome Wendy!! Woo hoo 1st comment here! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the ladder and all the different uses for it:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angie! Guess what? My daughter drew your name as the winner of the burlap box;) Let me know how I can reach you!!! Thanks...
      Wendy

      Delete
  3. Love your work Wendy.
    Aunt Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your ideas!

    Alison

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your input!
~Wendy