Thursday, June 12, 2014

Slate Grey Bedroom Set

A couple of weeks ago I had an opportunity to update a three piece bedroom set for a local family. I'm kicking myself for not taking any 'before' pictures. Guess you'll just have to use your imagination this time. Sorry! The furniture was in good shape for its years. Jenny just wanted to give it a new finish for their new home.

Here's the final product:



What'cha think? 


I love the slate grey color!


It was a custom mix using ASCP Graphite and Pure White.


The color is actually darker than the pictures suggest.



I admit one of the things I enjoy most about blogging is the staging aspect.

 

I usually don't get the opportunity to "follow" these pieces home, 
so I like to give viewers an idea of how I might integrate them in my home.


This particular bedroom set is going to be used in a boy's bedroom. 


I threw together a few fabrics...



colors....



and



accessories I thought would work well with the slate grey color of the furniture.


I love tinkering with the different combinations.

  
This Nebraska map was a gift from my sister. 
If memory serves me correct, her mother-n-law found it at
The Bargain Box on Hilton Head Island, SC.
The map is actually quite old. The community of Wynot isn't even listed on it.
I love it.
Thanks, Sally!



Once again, thanks for reading 13CCF. I hope your summer is off to a great start. Let me know if I can help you update any of your furnishings!

~ Wendy






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input!
~Wendy