Saturday, August 9, 2014

ASCP Old Violet Chest of Drawers with Galvanized Metal Top

I love decorating with metal accents because they have the potential to completely change the look and feel of a room. For some time time now I've been wanting to fabricate a metal top for a dresser. Lucky for me, I'm married to a man who owns an industrial brake!


To be a candidate for the project though,
the dresser needed to have the right shape and edges.


When I came across this chest of drawers online 
I knew it was the perfect piece for the experiment.


It took me awhile to get "the boss" on board, 
but eventually Don got around to making the top for me. 
Here's the final product:


***


***


***


 What'cha think?


 I know...I'm so excited!


 I absolutely love it!


Don did a super job!


The polished sheen of the metal looks fabulous


next to the weathered finish of the Old Violet chalk paint.


The dimensions are 27" W x 15" D x 34 H
which make is a very versatile piece of furniture.


I'm sure it was a dresser in its former life,
but now it could easily act as
a night stand, cocktail bar, console, small buffet, entryway chest, etc.


Let me know if you're in the market for
a one of a kind piece of furniture for your home.
This one got SOLD before it even went to press!


As always thanks for reading 13CCF. Enjoy those final days before the new school year begins!
~Wendy




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input!
~Wendy