Monday, August 18, 2014

Custom Pantry Door

When my latest 13CCF clients built their new home they designed the kitchen with a corner pantry. I'd give my right lung for a pantry. Absolutely love'em! They found an old door with a glass window for $20. Then Heather had her husband rip the sides down to fit the size of the frame and installed it. BAM, a green pantry door!


Ok, maybe green wasn't what she had in mind for her beautiful new kitchen.
Lol!
The home owners decided to have me repaint the pantry door
with Annie Sloan chalk paint and waxes.
I brought some color swatches over to the house and got to take a tour.
Together we decided ASCP Coco would be the best color choice for the space.


I brought the pantry door home and stared at it for awhile.
(Yeah that's when those 'aha' moments come.)
I decided to pitch the home owners a different idea.
What if...


I don't paint it?
What if I strip the green off? What if I just PLAY with it and see what happens?


Several hours, toxins,
 and a moderate case of carpal tunnel
later...
I finally reached the heart of the door.

Here's the final product:


***



***



***



Well, what'cha think?


I love it...



and all its perfect imperfections!


I think this


 "Old World" finish


is going to look


STUNNING


next to their dark cabinetry and marble counter tops.


It's definitely a far cry from the green.



I stuck with the original plan



of painting the interior side of the pantry door


with ASCP Coco.


I gave it a heavy coat of dark wax 


for an aged patina.


I really like ASCP Coco.


The tone is actually very similar to French Linen.


The Coco seems to have a brown hue
while the French Linen has more of a gray undertone.



As always thanks for reading 13CCF. Let me know if I can ever help you customize any of the spaces in your home!

~Wendy











No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input!
~Wendy