Friday, July 18, 2014

Burlap Cork Boards

Hi all! I spent some time in the basement going through the storage room last week. It's not a large space, but it's my space, and I love it. It serves as a safe haven for all of the junk I can't or won't part with yet. It's also where I store the decorations, my someday projects, and the occasional impulse purchase I'm not ready to reveal to my husband.

These cork boards are one of the many someday projects that have been vying for my attention. After tripping over them for the third time I decided they should move from a someday project to a today project.


The boards are 18" x 24" and 36" x 48".
I picked up them up at local garage sales
paying $1 for the small board and $2 for the large one.


There wasn't a lot of prep work with this project.
I used an adhesive spray glue to marry burlap to the front of the boards. 
Then I wrapped the fabric around the edges and stapled it to the back.


Finally I added nailhead trim around the perimeter of the boards.



I purchased the trim online. 
It was kind of spendy but I have a lot of someday projects
planned for these lil'guys
(e.g. tufted headboard, mirror, furniture, etc.).


Here are the finished boards.


What'cha think?

 

I love'em!



Especially with the nailhead trim!
It really gives the cork boards a finished look.
Ballard Designs sells a similar product...


...but for a pretty penny.


I used both pewter and bronze nailheads.


One board is for my daughter's room and the other will be displayed in our hallway.


 I'm so excited to fill the boards with keepsake photos 
like this one of my Grandma Rachel.


Love, Love, Love this lady!


As always thanks for reading 13CCF. I hope to have some pieces ready to sell by next week. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

~Wendy






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input!
~Wendy