Friday, August 9, 2013

Stackable Glass Bookcase


Well, ladies...I hit it big at Holy Trinity's garage sale last week! In amongst the cork boards, chest of drawers, and tiered wooden stand there's a gorgeous stackable glass bookcase in my trunk.


 Can you see it? You have to look past the golden oak and heavy lacquer to see the hidden treasure.

 

I painted it to match a buffet I have in the basement.


Then antiqued the piece with sand paper and a dark wax glaze.


And wallah...What do you think? I love it!


The pottery and stoneware was just collecting dust in my storage room.

I think all the white is a great contrast to the French Linen color.

  

I haven't told my husband yet but I'm going to keep this one!


Shhh...I wonder how long it will take before he notices it in the basement???

~Wendy








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input!
~Wendy