Thursday, April 17, 2014

FOR SALE: Open Shelf Hutch in ASCP French Linen

When Don and I were first married we bought a pine coffee table and sofa table to go with our new couch. They served their purpose for several years (still using all three pieces mind you).  Eventually he made me a bench that totally belonged behind my couch so the sofa table lost its place. I had always wanted a china hutch so I got creative and had my husband build an open hutch using the old sofa table as the base. Follow me? Well... recently I've been giving our sunroom/office a face lift and that poor thing has lost its place once again to another piece of furniture! Huh...oh well...Que sera sera.

I decided to give the hutch a mini-makeover before I sold it. I painted it with Annie Sloan's French Linen Chalk Paint using Graphite as the undercoat. I distressed it and gave it a healthy coat of dark wax to create a very aged patina. Here's the final product.


What'cha think?


French Linen is one of my favorite ASCP colors.


I added this faux mercury glass knob for a bit of sparkle.

 

I love the bead board look...not sure my camera does it justice.

 

When we built the shelves, I made sure Don added those "grooves" for 
my collection of white platters.


I understand not everyone is into bead board, 
so I decided to make removable fabric panels to line the shelves.
I bought foam board and this ikat fabric at Hobby Lobby to
give the hutch a modern feel.


 Here's the final product (again)...


I love it!

Don't you?

Hard to believe it started out as a pine sofa table...

If you are in the market for a  hutch let me know.


 This piece is for sale for $295 SOLD.

48" W x 16" D x 78" H

As always, thank you for reading 13 County Custom Finishes. Wishing everyone a HAPPY EASTER!
~Wendy





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input!
~Wendy