Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Storage Ideas

This week I want to show you some drawers I painted for my latest 13CCF client.


The owner purchased a large dresser on an online garage sale site 
with the intention of turning the drawers into under the bed storage boxes.


Her husband will add the casters later. 
My only task was to paint the drawers and mount the hardware.

 
Here's the final product.


What'cha think?


I think they're going to work great for storage!
She chose drawers that were big and sturdy and made of solid wood.


The owner wanted two of the larger bins to be painted a dark gray color
for the master bedroom.


 I mixed French Linen and Graphite to achieve this charcoal color.


I love it!


The dark gray looks beautiful with silver bedazzled handles.


The owner also requested two of the drawers be painted pink
for her daughter's room.


Annie Sloan carries a pink shade called Antoinette but didn't have any on hand.


Once again, I mixed a custom color.


I used ASCP Emperor's Silk and Country Grey to come up with this rosy shade.


It looks great with adorable glass knobs the owner selected.


Honestly, this DIY project would work for any bedroom.
Everyone should think twice before they get rid of any old dressers.


Ok...the last two drawers were only about half the size of the four large units.



My client wanted the smaller boxes painted red to match the colors of her enclosed sun porch.
I painted the body of the drawer in ASCP Emperor's Silk.


Then I gave the fronts a few coats of regular chalkboard paint for a fun 'lil twist.


These boxes won't be used as under the bed storage.
The owner was just looking for something to hold her potted plants.
Great idea!



As always thanks for reading 13CCF. I hope everyone has a great Mother's Day this weekend!

~Wendy












No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input!
~Wendy