Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Teal Dresser with Lattice Stencil

Annie Sloan Chalk Paint is the BOMB DIGGITY! No lie. It offers great coverage and quick dry time. There's no prep work, priming, or sanding involved and <<drum roll please>> you can also mix your own custom colors.

Truthfully mixing custom colors can be a little intimidating and with good reason. A quart of ASCP costs about $40. It's not cheap. What if the color turns out muddy? That would be such a waste! Luckily my stockist introduced me to the Color Mixer Tool from the Purple Painted Lady's blog site. The program allows you to experiment with up to three color combinations at a time. No, it's not an exact science but it definitely takes a lot of the guessing out of the equation.

This week I am going to show you a custom teal color I mixed using a combination of Antibes Green, Napoleonic Blue, and ??? (Oy! I really should have written down the recipe.) I think it may have been Country Grey. I experimented with an inexpensive wooden dresser I picked up at a local garage sale this spring. Sorry, I forgot to take a before photo.

Here's the final product.

 

What'cha think?


I love it!


The custom teal color turned out gorgeous!


To give the piece a little extra bling


I stenciled a lattice pattern on the sides of the drawers. 


I wanted to add a couple of big cherry colored knobs from Hobby Lobby



but I didn't get it done before I posted


Obviously this piece would work great in a girls room, a nursery, or a spare bedroom.


Based on its size and depth I think the piece
would also work well in bathroom, craft room, or possibly an office space. 


I guess it just depends on the style of your house.


I'm selling the chest of drawers for $60.
If it doesn't sell it's going straight to the cabin. Ha!


As always thanks for reading 13CCF. Have a great Memorial Day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your input!
~Wendy