Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Oak Dresser in ASCP Graphite

Today I'm going to show you an antique oak dresser I recently refinished. The piece originally belonged to my client's grandmother. Rather than using it as a traditional dresser, Shanna wanted to display the piece in the entry way of their new home. In order to do that we had to do some sprucing.

Here's a before picture of the dresser


and here's the final product.


Well, what'ch think?


I know...right!


It's beautiful!


ASCP Graphite was wise color choice for this piece and its intended space. 


Next to the blue hydrangeas, it looks a little silvery grey.


 Luckily the brass pulls were all intact so we were able to keep the original hardware.
I love the traditional element they add to the finished product.


I refinished the top of the dresser in Dark Walnut
and sealed it with three coats of a Spar Urethane.
(The wood is actually a little darker than the pictures may suggest.) 


Oak can be tricky to work with but when all was said and done
the finish was as smooth as a baby's bottom!


This piece of furniture is going to work gorgeous in Shanna's entry way.

 

Can't you just imagine it paired with
an oversized sunburst mirror, 
maybe a of couple of mercury glass lamps,
and a few hydrangeas???


It screams,
''Welcome to our home."


 As always, thanks for reading 13CCF. Stop back next week and I will introduce you to my new friend, Florence. 

2 comments:

Thanks for your input!
~Wendy